Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hookup and Comissioning of an Offshore Platform

One of the more unique projects in my work history was being on the team that supported the hookup on an offshore oil platform. My company was providing the union labor, project support, and transportation for the startup of the platform. I was part of the onshore project support, including helicopter transport, computer functions, labor issues, and acquisition. I was able to see the entire offshore operation, provide supplies (everything from getting steel plates to toilet paper), accompany the helicopter pilots offshore, and bring injured workers to the hospital. This position required flexibility and patience as I often dealt with angry union workers or demanding employees from the company that contracted our services. The sense of teamwork helped us all to persevere during the ongoing 7 day weeks that were maintained for months at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment