Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Construction Manager

When my former employer offered me the opportunity to manage an office buildout and subsequent move, I jumped at the chance - but with some trepidation. I had no experience in getting a construction team together, so I immediately began to research and contact people I knew in that industry. What resulted was such a great team that other nearby businesses contacted me to hire them for future work.

The team was amazing; they kept things on schedule, despite the usual amount of obstacles. Some of them even promised to work weekends free of charge to ensure that the project would be done on time. Watching the new office come together from an empty building was very rewarding. The day after we completed construction, the move took place smoothly and fluidly. Walking out of the office, seeing the brass lettering on the building, I was gratified to know I had kept the costs down and done a great job for my employer. The project was finished on time and under budget. It was a positive lesson in undertaking challenging assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment