Monday, July 13, 2009

Technical Contractor

Working in collaboration with engineers has been a very positive experience in more than one setting. I worked for an engineering firm and was placed on contract to the State of California to assist them with a database problem. This required a frequent travel between the State Capitol in Sacramento and southern California as I worked between both offices. I also was placed on contract to the local Chevron USA offices, to assist their engineers with electrical studies, PCB studies, transitioning from manual to AutoCAD systems, and offering general support to their electrical engineering department.

Later, I worked for a traffic engineering firm, this time developing a database for all their historical traffic studies as well as a menu-driven database of all AutoCAD applications. There was a good deal of technical writing, editing and graphics involved as well as gathering data for traffic geometrics and interfacing with governmental entities. I helped solve a mathematical problem on one of the in-house data base programs, for which I was given a bonus and shown much appreciation by the engineers.

No comments:

Post a Comment